- Lifelong resident of Northeast Jackson since 1971. While growing up in the “floodplain,” Dorsey Carson was taught the value of honesty, integrity, education, and hard work
- After college, he married Susan Hays Carson (Jackson Academy ‘90), and they have a daughter, Hays Carson, a 4 year old student at McWillie Elementary
- Dorsey Carson is the founder of the Carson Law Group, and has been recognized as a top construction/business lawyer by the Mississippi Business Journal, Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers
Career & Education
- Madison-Ridgeland Academy, 1976-1989
- Miss. State Univ., B.A., magna cum laude, 1989-1993
- Univ. of Georgia, J.D., 1993-1996
- London Law Consortium, Univ. of London, 1996
- Elder, Fondren Presbyterian Church
- Special Assistant Attorney General
DORSEY CARSON was taught the value of honesty, integrity, education, and hard work while growing up as an Easter 1979 “floodplain kid” in Northeast Jackson. After college, he married Susan Hays Carson of Jackson, and they have a one-year old daughter, Hays Elizabeth Carson. Dorsey Carson is a construction attorney in the Jackson office of Burr & Forman, where he served as its Managing Partner beginning in 2007 until stepping down this year for public service.Dorsey Carson is a strong supporter of education at all levels—from early childhood through higher education. After graduating from Madison-Ridgeland Academy, Dorsey Carson attended Mississippi State University where he earned his Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia where he served as Vice-President of the Student Bar Association and Articles Editor for the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law. Dorsey also attended the London Law Consortium, where he worked on England’s largest tax evasion case as an extern with Queen’s Counsel Jerome Lynch.
Dorsey Carson serves as an attorney for construction projects such as public schools, churches, highways, manufacturing facilities, water and utility plants, military barracks, commercial buildings, and other major developments. Dorsey understands that it takes innovation and an educated work force to create new jobs. As a Special Assistant Attorney General, Dorsey Carson successfully recovered over $3.5 million for the State of Mississippi against contractors who fleeced taxpayers. In a case set for trial this December, Dorsey is the lead attorney seeking State recovery of millions of dollars against the construction manager of the infamous failed Beef Plant project.
Dorsey Carson is a strong supporter of law enforcement. Their family home has been burglarized twice, and he understands the need for effective investigations and prosecutions in order for our citizens to be safe in their homes. Dorsey has served as a national television spokesperson for a murder victim’s family, and has been a fierce proponent at the Legislative level for protecting all crime victims. Dorsey understands that crime goes hand-in-hand with a high dropout rate, and a lack of personal accountability.
In 2010, the Mississippi Business Journal recognized Dorsey as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leaders in Law. In 2010 and 2011, London-based Chambers USA recognized Dorsey as a “Leader in their Field” in the area of construction litigation. Dorsey Carson served as the Managing Partner in the Mississippi office of Burr & Forman, a firm with offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida.