- Lifelong resident of Northeast Jackson since 1971. While growing up in the “floodplain,” Dorsey Carson was taught the value of honesty, integrity, education, and hard work
- After college, he married Susan Hays Carson (Jackson Academy ‘90), and they have a daughter, Hays Carson, a 4 year old student at McWillie Elementary
- Dorsey Carson is the founder of the Carson Law Group, and has been recognized as a top construction/business lawyer by the Mississippi Business Journal, Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Super Lawyers
Career & Education
- Madison-Ridgeland Academy, 1976-1989
- Miss. State Univ., B.A., magna cum laude, 1989-1993
- Univ. of Georgia, J.D., 1993-1996
- London Law Consortium, Univ. of London, 1996
- Elder, Fondren Presbyterian Church
- Special Assistant Attorney General
DORSEY CARSON was taught the value of honesty, integrity, education, and hard work while growing up as an Easter 1979 “floodplain kid” in Northeast Jackson. After college, he married Susan Hays Carson (Jackson Academy ’90), and they have a four-year old daughter, Hays, a student in the Montessori program at McWillie Elementary.
Dorsey Carson is a small business owner and nationally recognized construction attorney at Carson Law Group, a firm that he started after serving as the Managing Partner in the Jackson office of Burr & Forman. After graduating from Madison-Ridgeland Academy, Dorsey Carson attended Mississippi State University where he earned his Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia where he served as Vice-President of the Student Bar Association and Articles Editor for the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law. Dorsey also attended the University of London Law Consortium, where he worked for a barrister on England’s largest tax evasion case.
Dorsey Carson is a watchdog who ensures that government contractors are part of the solution to our public construction needs, and not part of the problem. When corrupt government contractors have fleeced taxpayers, Dorsey has been the State of Mississippi’s go-to attorney. As a Special Assistant Attorney General, Dorsey Carson has successfully recovered over $7.5 million for the State against unscrupulous contractors, and has acted as outside counsel for the State on a $200 million economic development project. In the infamous failed Beef Plant project, Dorsey successfully pursued a $3.9 million recovery while working with federal prosecutors to put three crooks in jail. Dorsey Carson understands that the City of Jackson’s roads and water/sewer infrastructure can only be improved with limited taxpayer dollars, and that none can be wasted.
Dorsey Carson is a strong supporter of law enforcement. Their family home has been burglarized twice, and he understands the need for effective investigations and prosecutions in order for our citizens to be safe in their homes. Dorsey has served as a national television spokesperson for a murder victim’s family, and has been a fierce proponent for protecting all crime victims. Dorsey understands that crime goes hand-in-hand with a high dropout rate, and a lack of personal accountability.
Chambers USA has recognized Dorsey Carson as a “Leader in their Field” in the area of Construction Litigation. Dorsey has been recognized as a Mid-South SuperLawyer, and has been included in The Best Lawyers in America for his work in Construction Law. The Mississippi Business Journal has recognized Dorsey Carson as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leaders in Law.